ABOUT ERNEST DANJUMA
Ernest Danjuma is the founding partner of The Denda Group, a brand design and growth hacking company using digital storytelling to elevate startups, small businesses, and social enterprises. During his career, he’s been a construction project manager, writer, engineer, entrepreneur, and business strategist. He is passionate about African-owned businesses and startups.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE: A Journey to Becoming an African Change-Maker
Ernest Danjuma illustrates there is more than one pathway to success. He journeyed from construction management to brand design while building a platform to elevate African voices and issues. Now he uses his influence to highlight vital issues and support Africans.
Ernest is someone recognized for being at the change-making events of the last decade. Learn from him why being present was important. Hear the conversations that changed his perspective on the continent and reshaped his values.
Highlights of the episode:
- Why Ernest Danjuma believes his presence and involvement with change-making events is vital to giving a voice to a voiceless (05:59)
- His background in mechanical engineering and construction and transitioning into politics, writing, and entrepreneurship (12:44)
- How it felt to be recognized for his social entrepreneurship (18:04)
- Ernest uses attention to focus on what issues are significant (23:34)
- The conversations that altered Ernest Danjuma’s approach to Africa (29:48)
- Break from the pressure to find your purpose; understanding life is a journey of decisions (44:21)
ABOUT ZEZE ORIAIKHI-SAO
Zeze Oriaikhi-Sao attended Grenoble Ecole De Management where she received a Master’s in International Business. She also holds a Bsc (Hons) in Informatics. She is a mother, and an international and entrepreneurial leader. The Founder and Managing director of Malée Natural Science; Africa’s 1st global luxury fragrance and body care brand operating across two continents with products available in 9 countries in wholesale, B2B, Hospitality, E-commerce and travel retail. An advisory board member and Program Director at INNOCOS, the world beauty innovations summit as well as a consultant and international speaker and beauty industry expert on the luxury beauty and cosmetics industry, sustainability practices, innovation, disruption, trends, and brand heritage.
Featured in international TV and Media publications such as CNN, The Telegraph, Grazia, ELLE Magazine, Glamour, Oprah Magazine, and Atlanta Post. She is a pioneer of Female owned luxury business in Africa and is passionate about innovation. Zeze is the host of the pioneering podcast Third Culture Africans. She shares entrepreneurial tips and more on her personal website Zezeonline.com.