ABOUT TIWA WORKS
Tiwa Works’ positivity has buoyed him into becoming a world-class entrepreneur and leader. An entrepreneur, real estate agent, and motivator, he founded Tiwaworks International, which annually hosts the United States’ largest black Greek letter event, the Atlanta Greek Picnic. It draws over 25,000 people to Atlanta with a $7.5-million impact.
Creating a Multi-Million Dollar Event
Nigerian-British born Tiwa Williams, known better as Tiwa Works, was raised in a family of entrepreneurs. Tiwa makes friends everywhere he goes; his infectious optimism is at the root of his multiple successful business ventures. The most notable is the Atlanta Greek Picnic. Hear how this multi-million-dollar event came about and its legacy.
Tiwa covers a lot of ground in this podcast, with insights on everything from the power of black fraternities and sororities to having the American experience. He speaks about systemic racism, the riots in Atlanta, and fostering the necessary change. He touches on his influences: his parents, Jim Rohn, and others. Learn why you always need to be looking for opportunities and the importance of networking to grow your business.
Highlights of the episode:
- 5:03: What it was like adjusting to the different cultures; some “Coming to America” moments
- 18:52: Getting into fraternity life and how it created the foundation for Tiwa Works
- 35:38: The seed for Atlanta Greek Picnic
- 45:21: Why he started in real estate ahead of the Great Recession of 2007; seizing the opportunity
- 50:30: What entrepreneurship looks like for Tiwa Works
- 57:49: Witnessing the frustration of people after George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement in Atlanta
- 1:02:13: About how the Greek Picnic was already a voice of protest; the implications of the BLM and George Floyd at next year’s event
- 1:04:27: What else can be done to combat racism as African-led brands build and grow across the globe?
ABOUT ZEZE ORIAIKHI-SAO
Zeze Oriaikhi-Sao attended Grenoble Ecole De Management where she received a Master’s in International Business. She also holds a BSc (Hons) in Informatics. She is a mother, and an international and entrepreneurial leader. The Founder and Managing director of Malée Natural Science; Africa’s 1st global luxury fragrance and body care brand operating across two continents with products available in 9 countries in wholesale, B2B, Hospitality, E-commerce and travel retail. An advisory board member and Program Director at INNOCOS, the world beauty innovations summit as well as a consultant and international speaker and beauty industry expert on the luxury beauty and cosmetics industry, sustainability practices, innovation, disruption, trends, and brand heritage.